Saturday 7 March 2009

Weekly Geeks-Quote of the Day

Todays Weekly Geeks task is to post a quote a day for the next week. I'm currently compiling a list of Library/Librarian quotes to make a montage for my Mum to put on her office wall (she works in a library), so I thought I'd pick some of my favourites from those. And since most of what I read comes from the library I thought I'd include a quote from library book I'm either readng now, or have read recently.


To those with ears to hear, libraries are really very noisy places. On their shelves we hear the captured voices of the centuries-old conversation that makes up our civilization. ~Timothy Healy


"a person entranced by a book simply forgets to breathe" From Mr Pip by Lloyd Jones

8 comments:

claire said...

Oh that's lovely and so true! Mr Pip is on my TBR shelf for next month.. can't wait. :D

Dorte H said...

The first quotation is just wonderful! - exactly what I feel about libraries though I could never have said it so well.

Anonymous said...

I love both, but the first one is brilliant. Libraries are the best places to spend an afternoon.

Anonymous said...

The Healy quote brings such an image to my mind of the ghosts that hang in the air over all collections of recorded thought. Great quote!

Robin M said...

Great Quotes. I will have my post up later today.

Staci said...

As a librarian I loved that quote!!!

Erika Powell said...

I love the Healy quote. is is really great.

susan said...

I love libraries. Thanks.