Thursday 19 March 2009

Booking Through Thursday


How about, “What’s the worst ‘best’ book you’ve ever read — the one everyone says is so great, but you can’t figure out why?”
This is quite hard to answer. I tend to like most books that I finish. If I didn't like a book then I would have stopped reading it before I reached the end anyway. Abandoned books slip my memory, there may be some really bad books that everyone else liked that I can't even remember starting!
I can say that Water For Elephants was a bit of a disappointment to me. I'd read so many great reviews but I didn't see what was so special about it. I enjoyed it, I just didn't feel it was brilliant. And also Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Again I quite enjoyed it, I just didn't see the need to rave about it! There's also Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. When I was at school everyone was reading these, but I never found them that interesting.

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I have only read the Pratchett books of those, I think...hm, but nope they weren't for me and the movie I watched of it was even worse

Savidge Reads said...

Oh I didnt include Cloud Atlas and I so should of, I didnt gel with that book at all.

Kristine said...

I haven't read any of those you mentioned, though I have wondered about Water for Elephants. Tempted to get it because everyone seems to be reading it, but it seems like it would be a slow read for me.