Thursday 12 March 2009

Booking Through Thursday-Book to Film

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?
Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?


This one was hard. I think all books can be made into good films as long as it stays relatively true to the book. One that immediately springs to mind that didn't was Roald Dahl's The Witches. They completely changed the ending! But I tend not too like films made from my favourite books, so I'm going to suggest a couple but I hope no production companies are reading! Lol

My first thought was Wilkie Collins The Moonstone but I'm sure a film of that has already been made, I've just never seen it!

Other than that I'd like to see a film of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, and possibly The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. I don't know if this could be done but it would be interesting if it was done well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Five People You Meet in Heaven was actually made into a TV movie. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400435/

zetor said...

Interesting selection.

SmilingSally said...

I hate films that change the book's ending! My response is here:
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2009/03/booking-through-thursday-movie.html

Kerri said...

Jo. I haven't read moonstone, but I've heard good things about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Alyce said...

I haven't read any of these books or seen The Witches. I guess I need to read more! :)

Here's a link to my post:

http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/booking-through-thursday-march-12.html

Library Diva said...

I loved The Historian a great deal. I'm so confident that it will be made in the near future that I didn't even mention it in my post. I will absolutely go see it if they make it. It would make a terrific movie.

Here's my post: http://yourlibrarycard.blogspot.com/2009/03/at-movies-with-books-this-weeks-btt.html

Savidge Reads said...

Oh I said Wilkie Collins The Woman in White!