Saturday 31 January 2009

One Book Meme

I saw this at A Striped Armchair and since I'm not in the right frame of mind for writing reviews I thought I'd give this a go.

One book you’re currently reading: The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenger

One book that changed your life: Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers(tacky self help I know, but it worked!)

One book you’d want on a deserted island: The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll

One book you’ve read more than once: Enduring Love by Ian McKewan

One book you’ve never been able to finish: Anything by William Faukner( but I will, hopefully this year)

One book that made you laugh: The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby

One book that made you cry: Tess of the D'urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

One book you keep rereading: The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (I think I'm in love with lestat. Lol)

One book you’ve been meaning to read: Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell

One book you believe everyone should read: English Passengers by Matthew Kneale

Finally,Grab the nearest book. Open it to page 56. Find the 5th sentence.

I wish to goodness I'd never stepped into this silly land, thought joe a hundred times. Its a good thing the bears are so nice to me.

From the Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton. My daughter's reading it.

No comments: