Monday 26 January 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about lending books...
A few weeks back we had a question about
borrowing books, this week I was wondering what your policy was on lending books. Do you lend books to anyone? Just friends? Only big readers? How long are they allowed to have them?

I don't really know that many people who ever want or ask to borrow my books! But those people who do borrow books from me can have anything they want, for as long as they want because I know they will come back in the end. My boss will quite often see me reading something at work and ask to borrow it when I've finished it and my sons father(and best mate) borrows a lot of my books. But in both cases the arrangement is reciprocal. In fact Dylan is quite often sent off to his dad's with a pile of books, or comes back to me bearing 'gifts'. Lol.

The only person I don't lend books to is my sister because she loses them! She doesn't read much of the same things as me but she managed to lose ALL my Artemis Fowl books so I had to replace them when it came to Dylan wanting to read them. How you manage to lose 5 hardback books I'll never know! She doesn't ask to borrow my books any more. Lol.

But I would lend my books to anyone that asked. I will assume that they are going to return them until they proved otherwise. Innocent until proven guilty! But if one failed to come back, I don't think I'd lend that person any more.

6 comments:

Beth F said...

Nice post! But I am the completely different: I hate to lend books.

gautami tripathy said...

I do lend books to kids!

Lending books

Anonymous said...

I don't lend books out anymore either. I love my books, so it hurts too much when they come back all banged up, or don't come back at all.

Musing on Lending Books

Erika Powell said...

I can't believe your sister lost all 5 books. My sister knows how special my books are to me and would never do that. Plus its not really her style to lose anything, she is way too type A.

Jo said...

Beth, I like the feeling of lnding someone a book and them telling me they liked it. Its all warm and fuzzy!

Gautami, I don't know any children to lend books to. Apart frommy own, and I'mmore likely to read theirs!

Ruthier, I don't mind books getting a little battered. they are meat to be read after all. As long as they come back, in a reasonable state.

Erika, I couldn't believe it either! Not impressed is an understatement!

Nise' said...

I would have made my sister replace them! *grin*.