- The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck (frightens me, but I WILL read this year)
- Midnights Children, Salman Rushdie (same as above)
- The Book Thief, Markus Zuzak (Too much hype, worried it won't live up to it)
- Atonement, Ian McEwan (no discernible reason)
- Sea of Poppies, Amitav Ghosh (just not sure about this)
- Chocolat, Joanne Harris (no idea why I keep putting this off)
- Brideshead Revisited ( I know nothing about it, but my mum says I should read it, even though she hates it)
Until the last few days this post would also have included To Kill a Mockingbird, but I did eventually pick that up and am three quarters through it and loving it. I really do want to read all these books but for whatever reason I keep putting them off. Maybe I should just move them to the top of the pile and read them before I read anything else. But that's never going to happen, if only because I keep buying more books and my Library Pile is quite substantial at the moment and they need to be read too!