Have you ever finished a book, then turned around and immediately re-read it? Why?
What book(s)? (question courtesy of MizB)
I haven't done this for a long time! I used to do this a child quite frequently, but I've got too many other things that I want to read to re-read something immediately! The only one that I can actually remember doing this with was Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild, and I'd read this twice every time I picked it up. I do re-read things though, although I sometimes forget what they are! Maybe I should start making a list, but I've got enough book lists floating around as it is, and to be honest I'm not that organised. Lol. But this had made me think about books I'd like to re-read.
- English Passengers b Matthew Kneale
- The Time Machine by H.G.Wells
- Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette Winterson
- Surfacing by Margaret Atwood (I'd like to ty and 'get' it a bit more)
- The Museum Guard by Howard Norman
And I'm sure there are a lot more, I just can't think of them right now! I also have a small selection of books that I love that I never get bored of reading again. These get read every few years and no doubt will have many future re-reads.
- Tess of The D'urbervilles by Thomas hardy
- The Hndmaid's tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
- Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild